Scotland's colleges 2018
Our report on Scotland's colleges 2018 was published in June 2018. The Tableau visualisation below looks at the make-up of the student body, attainment and retention levels and destinations for students.
About our data
The data from exhibit 1 comes from the Scottish Funding Council's Infact database, for students in 2016-17. The figures presented here will differ slightly from those in the report due to different methods used to download the data from Infact. For Tableau, we have broken down the data as much as possible.
No HE data is available for the colleges in the Highlands and Islands region, or for SRUC.
How to use our graphics
Our graphics are interactive:
- Hovering over the graphs will give you more detailed information.
- Exhibit 1 can be filtered by college by selecting from the list on the left-hand side, and by gender, age, mode of attendance and level of study by clicking on the graphs. To clear selections click on any white space in the graph you used as a filter.
- Exhibit 2 can be filtered by college, mode of attendance and level of study by selecting from the lists on the left-hand side. To see the national average, select ‘Scotland’.
- Exhibit 3 can be filter by college by selecting from the list on the right-hand side. To see the national average, select ‘Scotland’.
- To access the data behind the graphics, click on the graph you're interested in, then click 'Download' at the bottom of the graphics and select the format.